Cape Town Tourist Guide Courses Information
We will make you an knowledgeable and expert Guide for Cape Town and the Western Cape
Register for our Tourist Guide Course
To sign up and register for the Livingstone Tourism Guide Course in Cape Town is easy and super quick. Just fill in our Online Form or download the PDF and Email it to us. Go to our Registration page and start your new exciting Tour Guide adventure here.
Course Fee 2020 is only R 6,950.00
A deposit of R 3650.00 is required with your Registration.
Become an accredited and competent Western Cape Province Tourist Guide
After the two-week full time or part time course and the first written examination, you will qualify as a Cape Town Culture Site Guide.
Should you want to guide throughout the whole Western Cape Province you may want to write the second examination(optional). To qualify for this certificate of competence the prescribed unit standards need be achieved. The attained certificate will entitle you to guide in Cape Town and the Western Province.
Download the 2020 Prospectus here
In order to register with CATHSSETA you are required to supply the following information:
- Completed and signed application form, specifying the type of registration.
- Signed original of the Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Certified copy of a Training Certificate from the CATHSSETA accredited Training Provider/Assessor.
- Certified copy of your South African ID/passport/a Permanent Residence or a valid Work Permit allowing you to work as a Tourist Guide.
- Certified copies of all tourist guiding and related qualifications.
- A valid and certified First Aid Certificate (trainers should be registered with the Department of Labour).
- Certified copy of proof of language proficiency for each foreign language in which tours will be conducted (i.e. a letter from an authority stating that you can speak a language and/or that you are able to guide in a particular language).
Introduction to tourist guiding; Overview of tourism industry, Communication,Guiding Techniques, Tourist Services.
Background to the Western Cape against the broad overall South African perspective, with reference to:
– South Africa’s Environment & People
– The periods of South African History
– The South African Economy
– South Africa’s Cultural Heritage;
– Fauna & Flora
– South Africa’s Government Institutions & Social Services
The Theory and the visiting points of:
– The Cape Metropole
– The Overberg
– The Breede River Valley
– The Winelands
– West Coast
– The Swartland & the Sandveld
Practical tour conducting. Five tours are done under the guidance of experienced tourist guides,
– Historic Cape Town Tour
– Winelands Tour
– Peninsula Tour
A further three tours are done theoretically on multimedia basis.
– Breede River Tour
– West Coast Tour(Crayfish Route)
– Overberg Tour (Whale Route)
SECOND EXAMINATION (Optional only needed if you want to guide through the whole of the Western Province)
Self- study Module
– The Great Karoo
– The Olifants River Valley
– The Garden Route
– The Little Karoo, Kannaland